MEDICAL ASSISTANT – NEPHROLOGY DEPARTMENT – FINDLAY OFFICE
The work scheduled hours are every other Monday noon - 5pm, Tuesdays noon - 5pm and Thursdays 8:30am - noon.
Assist physician(s) with patient treatment, prepares patient for physician(s), and performs various clerical duties.
Works under the supervision of the Office Manager
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Drs. with patient care (i.e.: assisting with minor procedures/surgeries such as removing sutures, staples, moles, etc.).
- Various clerical duties (i.e.: answering phones, scheduling appointments, handling patient charts, etc.).
- Escorting patients to exam room.
- Preparing exam rooms.
- Preparing patient for Drs. (i.e.: histories, blood pressure, vitals, etc.).
- Sterilizing and preparing instruments.
- At the request of the physician, calling in prescription refills.
- Order and maintain exam room supplies and instruments.
- Follow up with lab work and/or xrays.
- Administering injections.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Consistently arrives at work, in professional attire, on time and completes all tasks within established time frame.
- Seeks appropriate tasks when primary tasks are completed and assists co-workers as needed.
- Demonstrates adaptability to expanded roles.
- Credentialed as a Medical Assistant (i.e.: CMA or RMA)
-Medical Assisting degree or diploma from an accredited school required.
- Clinical medical assisting experience preferred.
Location/Region: Findlay, OH (US - 45840)