Patient Access Representative II's provide our world renowned healthcare team with comprehensive administrative support. PAR II's serve as the first point of contact for patients and exemplify personal warmth, patient engagement, and professionalism. PAR II's offer solutions in anticipation of patient needs and greet every patient verbally, with eye contact, and body language that is welcoming and friendly. In this highly visible role PAR's support departmental teams and interact with patients, families, and health care providers.
(This role encounters Protected Health Information (PHI) as part of regular responsibilities. UH employees must abide by all requirements to safely and securely maintain PHI for our patients. Annual training, the UH Code of Conduct and UH policies and procedures are in place to address appropriate use of PHI in the workplace.)
- Responsible for interviewing/registering/instructing patients in a face-to-face setting or on the telephone.
- Enters and validates medical, demographic, insurance, financial, and business data in a timely and courteous manner to ensure master patient index integrity and creation of an accurate claim.
- Prepares standard patient materials including forms, labels, brochures, surveys, etc.Maintains confidential health records, processes physician orders, and schedules patients.
- Identifies and communicates need for interpreter services.
- Provides patient education regarding third party coverage and liabilities.
- Communicates possible payment options and personally connects patients to financial counselor if needed.
- Collects, posts, and balances co-pays, deductibles and other patient payments.
- Performs a variety of additional support and backup functions within the department, and provides cross-coverage as needed. Helps mentor new hires.
- Maintains expertise in PAS legal and compliance requirements; incorporates principles into workflows.Handles a wide variety of patient inquiries regarding services and logistics to ensure patients can access care with maximum throughput and minimal delay.
- Recruits and trains patients to access My UH Care Personal Health Record. Exceeds achievement of productivity and quality standards. Is subject matter expert in computer applications used by PAS, insurance/government regulations, and UH/PAS policies/procedures used within the department.
- Functions as an integrated team member and works collaboratively with other staff and providers across the system to improve patient experience and department efficiency.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area. Will be cross-trained to perform other duties as assigned. Actively participates in UH emergency preparedness. May be scheduled to work at off-sites.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in patient registration, scheduling, banking, office, or related medical field using computers required. (A Bachelors degree will be excepted in lieu of 1 year of experience)
- Basic knowledge of third party payer and managed care insurance requirements required.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology required.
High School diploma or GED required. Degree or progress towards degree preferred.
Medical Terminology preferred.
- Up-to-date CHAA - (CHAA is a National Association of Healthcare Access certification for Healthcare Access Associates) or related medical certification preferred.
The schedule for this position is 7am - 430 PM Monday - Friday with weekend rotations.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Location/Region: Westlake, OH (US - 44145)