- The Multi-Media Journalist–(MMJ) is a talent/producer/director responsible for concept to screen production of BCAN multi-platform content. Daily work responsibilities include multi-platform enterprise storytelling, copywriting, videography, and editing.
- The MMJ is responsible for community relationship building and content development including long form programming, feature packages, episodic segments, vignettes, promotions, social media and digital.
- The MMJ acts as talent/producer/director as needed for BCSN, Creative Services and Buckeye marketing promotions and programs as needed.
- The MMJ reports directly to the Lead Producer & Supervisor, BCAN.
- There are no direct reports to this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Multi-Media Journalist–(MMJ) is accountable for:
- Anchoring, Hosting and reporting on air for BCSN shows, segments and promotions;
- Producing and editing segments and programs for air on BCSN;
- Using BCSN production and editing equipment to make skilled edits to show segments, creative videos, and in-house promotions;
- Using BCSN production equipment to shoot multi-platform content, PSA’s, marketing spots, show segments, miscellaneous videos for in-house promotions;
- Using creativity to write and coordinate script and creative graphics for videos used for promotions and videos;
- Acting as talent/producer/director as needed when shooting segments for programs and/or promotional spots;
- Maintaining current working knowledge of all editing equipment, cameras, graphics and any new equipment purchased;
- Enterprising content independently and as a member of a program production team.
- Professional and timely completion of all associated paperwork;
- Adhering to the Company’s policies and procedures, including the EEO guidelines and safety, at all times;
- Performing any miscellaneous departmental duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent – Required
- Relevant Bachelor Degree – Required
- Personal computer experience with knowledge of current and common software products – Required
- 2 Years of experience with shooting editing and feature story writing in a TV news environment – Strongly Preferred
- 2 Years of On Air work – Strongly Preferred
- 1 Year experience working in sports production - preferred
- Agile – Embraces change; adaptable and flexible; sense of urgency;
- Innovative – Uses critical thinking; Creativity; Continuous learning; Challenges the status quo.
- Customer Focused – External/Internal; Creates the exceptional customer experience; demonstrates a sales and service mentality;
- Collaborative – Teamwork, Proactive knowledge sharing, Constructive Conflict;
- Accountable – See it, Own it, Solve it, Do it; Hold each other accountable.
- Ability to communicate orally and write in clear, concise sentence structure in English;
- Evidence of Good planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to plan and produce quality, timely, and creative in-house programming and promotions from start to finish;
- Ability to present self positively to public and coworkers;
- Demonstrate dependability and ability to bring projects to a conclusion;
- Ability to negotiate toward resolution of issues.
- Acceptable background check;
- Valid Driver’s license and driving record that meets minimum standards;
- Maintains confidentiality and does not disclose confidential information acquired in the course of work except when authorized and/or unless legally obligated to do so.
Location/Region: Toledo, OH