The primary responsibility of the Owner-Operator Recruiter - Truck I is to establish relationships with new and existing Fleet Owners. This position must also champion the values and opportunities of the ArcBest Panther brand to potential Independent Contractors and Owner-Operators by utilizing inbound and outbound sales call techniques and best practices. Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing, managing, and sustaining an account base for assigned Fleet Owners to support fleet growth.
- Initiate Owner-Operator leads by networking, cold-calling prospects, and building strategic relationships as part of a coordinated recruiting strategy.
- Complete inbound and outbound call campaigns, including cold calling.
- Maintain and service a roster of Fleet Owners to encourage growth of the fleet and maximize internal capacity options.
- Collaborate across the enterprise to achieve both Owner-Operator recruiting and experience goals.
- Attend both local and national truck shows and workshops to promote the Panther brand and to recruit new Owner-Operators.
- Present at truck driving schools and other venues to sell and educate on the Owner-Operator model to aid recruiting and experience.
- Run and analyze prospective Owner-Operator and Independent Contractor’s motor vehicle records, criminal history, and previous employment history against Company safety qualifications to pre-qualify all candidates.
- Coordinate, travel to, and lead meetings with new, existing, and potential Fleet Owners.
- Serve as an industry expert in the qualifications and recruiting processes of ArcBest and our competitors.
Qualifications Required Education, Experience, Certification, Licenses, Registration:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field strongly preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Proven track-record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas or recruiting goals
- Transportation industry knowledge and experience is a plus
- At least 2 years of recruiting / sales experience
- Experience with CRM tools (Tenstreet desired)
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
- Knowledge and compliance of all DOT and CSA2010 rules and regulations pertaining to the qualifications of Owner Operators.
- Competent with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- “Can do” attitude with a “will do” work ethic
- Ability to present and maintain a positive corporate image in a fast paced environment
- Strong presentation skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disability to perform the essential functions. The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Location/Region: Medina, OH (US)