The Production Value Stream Manager is responsible for the overall direction of a production value stream. Responsible for insuring that all customer specifications, testing requirements, industry standards and Libbey quality and productivity standards are met regarding glassware production. Responsible for using LEAN tools to improve the safety, ergonomics and 5S, while removing waste and adding value through continuous improvement efforts for specific production value streams.
- Analyze and understand all aspects of a specific production value stream including safety, ergonomics, technical operational knowledge, product and information flow, customer requirements, supplier capacity and capabilities, and Libbey productivity and quality standards.
- Uses Lean techniques and utilizes Lean tools to eliminate waste and add value for a specific production value stream.
- Partners with Libbey's internal groups (plant management, engineering, sales, marketing, customer service, NPD, quality control, support services) to exceed customer's and Libbey's requirements.
- Occasional travel to our global factories, supplier factories, and customer facilities to analyze, understand, and determine Libbey's production and quality requirements and share best practices.
- Provide daily direction to Value Stream supervisors, specialists, team leaders, team members, and support department supervisors regarding glassware production, selection, and packaging.
- Responsible for creating and executing a Continuous Improvement Plan based on the Value Stream's current state progressing towards the ideal state using data and Lean analysis techniques.
- Responsible for cost control including cost reduction initiatives, operating budget adherence, and the establishment of the value stream's capital and expense budgets.
- Assists in establishing and attaining value stream goals and metrics and effectively communicates to the value stream staff and other affected departments.
- Understands, teaches, and supports Libbey Lean Enterprise activities in the value stream and throughout the Libbey enterprise.
- Conducts annual individual performance reviews and individual development plans for the direct reports.
- Leads and motivates value stream supervisors, team leaders, and team members through good communications, teaching, and change management techniques. Partners and shares information with other plants.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint). Knowledge of various production materials and processes.
- Knowledge of glassware and packaging quality and productivity standards.
- Prior bargaining unit supervisory experience.
- Must be able to effectively instruct and educate others regarding LEAN practices.
- Exhibit sound judgment and professionalism in all aspects of the position. Safety in the production environment.
- Exhibit sound judgment regarding customer's and Libbey's quality requirements.
Interaction with Others
- Work closely with customers, NPD, marketing, sales, suppliers, Libbey support departments, plant management, Value Stream team members, and Libbey engineering personnel.
- Consistently exhibit Libbey Values in all interactions with Libbey associates.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequent sitting, using hands/fingers to operate office tools.
- Frequent speaking/listening in face-to-face and/or phone conversations. Frequent standing/walking in glass production environment.
- Frequent reaching above shoulders, stooping, kneeling, and/or crouching. Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 40 pounds.
- Occasional required domestic and international travel.
- Work in glass production area with associated safety equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- LEAN champion Certification preferred (or equivalent)
- Excellent leadership, organization and communication skills
- A passion to grow
Libbey Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Location/Region: Toledo, OH (US - 43611)