The Lifeguard (LG) is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and performance of a facility within the Aquatics Department. Responsible for; maintaining a safe clean facility at all times, client satisfaction, customer engagement, maintaining all Hastings Water Works policies and procedures, brand reputation.
- Maintaining surveillance in the chair or on the pool deck while on duty and remain rescue ready
- Respond to all emergency situations
- Uphold the standard of the American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification and the Ohio Revised Code
- Responsible for assigned opening duties before the facility opens and closing procedures before the facility is secured at close.
- Responsible for maintaining pool chemistry within state required ranges. Chemicals will be tested and recorded in the chemical logbook every four (4) hours while the facility is open.
- Managing patron safety and facility policy adherence
- Responsible for completing reporting for the following; accident, rescue, bodily fluid, incident; as they occur at the facility immediately after the event and call your Area Manager. Reports to be picked up and delivered to the home office within 48 hours.
- Responsible for attending a minimum of two (2) hours of in-service training every two (2) weeks of work
- Ability to swim 300 yards; without stopping
- Tread water for 2 minutes; without using your hands
- Swim 20 yards; dive to the bottom of a 9 foot pool and retrieve a 10 pound brick, swim on your back for 20 yards while holding the brick in both hands, and exit the swimming pool, within 1 minute and 40 seconds
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel to different locations within a 10 mile radius of your scheduled facility
- Must have a smartphone
- High school diploma, GED or in the process of obtaining High school diploma or GED.
- American Red Cross Certification (Lifeguard, Water Safety Instructor)
- A minimum age of 16 years of age
- 1+ years lifeguarding
- 1+ years working in a customer service related industry; retail, restaurant, sales
- Prior experience working at facility utilizing American Red Cross Lifeguarding standards
Physical Requirements/Essential Functions (ADA compliance):
Activity – If more than 2 plus hours per day
Standing, Sitting, Walking, Running, Climbing, Writing, Filing, Crawling, Squatting, Bending, Twisting
Lifting to include:
0 to over 75 lbs., Pulling, Pushing, & Carrying
Cold, Heat, Noisy, Odors, Mists, Dust, Wet and/or Humid
Hearing to Converse, Hearing to use the Telephone, Talking & Reading Distance 1 to 5 Feet
Location/Region: Berea, OH (US - 44017)