GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position has oversight of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions, including payroll for all related companies and conferences.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct supervision and guidance to the Accounts Receivable Coordinator, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger Processor, Payroll Coordinator and Accounts Payable Processor. Ensure that all work is conducted in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and policies and procedures of the organization.
- Review all check runs for propriety.
- Maintain daily cash flow reporting for all related companies and conferences (excluding Church Building & Loan Fund).
- Assist Financial Services and other ministries with Concur technology. Process Concur Extract and post to general ledger software weekly.
- Serve as the primary wire and ACH transaction initiator.
- Serve as the AMEX administrator.
- Provide back up support for check processing.
- Provide back up support for payroll in the Payroll Coordinator’s absence.
- Provide back up support for deposits and donations in the Accounts Receivable Coordinator’s absence.
- Review payroll preprocessing registers to ensure all information related to changes is correct.
- Review all Raisers’ Edge receipts generated by the Accounts Receivable Coordinator prior to batches being committed in the system.
- Review and approve all accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll related monthly reconciliations and account analyses.
- Review and approve all journal entries, check requests, wire transfers and ACH transactions submitted by the Accounts Receivable Coordinator and Payroll Coordinator.
- Oversee the technical and system related issues for the Financial Services Team.
- Reconcile the general ledger to the quarterly 941’s following the close of payroll for each quarter.
- Prepare, issue and file all 1099’s for the organization(s).
- Prepare and file annual unclaimed funds in the state of Ohio for the organizations(s).
- Prepare and file the quarterly reporting on international transactions.
- Provide support for the annual external audit.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform successfully in this position.
- A college degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent experience, or a combination of academic study and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in accounting and/or financial management (4-6 years with increasing responsibility including supervisory experience).
- Computer systems skills, especially Excel, Word, and accounting and donor database systems (Fundware, Raiser’s Edge).
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and collegially as well as independently.
- Demonstrated written and oral English language skills.
- Ability to maintain and properly handle confidential or sensitive information.
- Desire and sensitivity to work in diverse racial, ethnic, cultural and religious settings with commitment to diversity in the workplace as well as in one's understanding of mission.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the Church, with a knowledge of, or a willingness to learn about the history and polity and structures of the United Church of Christ.
Comprehensive Benefits Package: Employer paid health, dental, life, and pension benefits
This description is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required for the position and is subject to review and change at any time in accordance with the needs of the ministry. Since no job description can detail all duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a position, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a position shall also be considered part of the position holder’s responsibility.
It is expected that the persons who holds this position will conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the policies of the UCC and in a manner that will reflect positively on the organization. All staff are encouraged to nurture safety within the work performed on behalf of the UCC by being attentive to self-care, education, maintaining appropriate boundaries, and the importance of referring those in need to supportive and helpful resources.
The United Church of Christ, National Setting, is a Multicultural, Multiracial, Open and Affirming, Accessible to All, Equal Opportunity Employer.