The ProMedica Monroe Skilled Nursing and Rehab Center is an 89 bed facility that specializes in short-term skilled nursing and post hospital rehabilitation due to physical limitations or chronic conditions. Our facility is located down the road from the ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital, so our patients always have access to acute hospital care and emergency services as needed.
Our 3,200 square foot space was newly renovated to include 30 private rooms including two bariatric private rooms, all with bathroom and shower, an elegant dining room and an enclosed four season porch. We’ve also added a new 2,100 square foot state-of-the-art rehab gym!
Under general supervision and following established policies and procedures, the Housekeeper will perform a variety of cleaning tasks in order to maintain the ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehab in an orderly, sanitary, and attractive condition for patients, visitors, and employees. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Cleans assigned areas by performing duties such as washing furnishings, tile, fixtures, and equipment with germicidal/disinfectant/chemical cleaning solutions; scouring and polishing sinks, tubs, toilets, and mirrors; spot washing walls, telephones, and so forth; dusts and polishes furniture, blinds, windows, sills, and the like.
- Vacuums, sweeps, dust mops and wet mops floors, strips, wax, and buffs floors using germicidal cleaning solutions and solutions to attend to the floors.
- Empties waste baskets/containers (including sharps containers in patient rooms and other hazardous waste following required procedures) and disposes of trash in designated areas and replaces waste bags in appropriate receptacles.
- Collects trash and soiled linen from floors and/or collection areas; takes trash to be compacted; takes linen to designated area, checks that isolation linen is handled appropriately.
- Monitors use of supplies, materials, and equipment in assigned area and restocks items as needed. Responds to requests from nursing units for linen or housekeeping supplies.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in institutional cleaning and laundry preferred
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions, including usage of cleaning products/materials, health and safety practices, policies and procedures and MSDA (Material Safety Data Sheets)
- The ability to work independently, to organize and complete normal work assignments within time requirements while handling interruptions and sometimes high volume
- The physical ability required for considerable standing, walking, stooping, bending, reaching, pushing, kneeling, twisting, climbing (ladders), lifting, and carrying (up to 45 lbs.)
- Requires at least one to two weeks on-the-job training required to become familiar with hospital layout, housekeeping policies, procedures and work assignments
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Employee Exemption Type Non-Exempt Job Type Part-time Budgeted Hours / Pay Period 40 Shift Type Variable Shift Hours Weekends On-call Requirements Additional Schedule Details
Location/Region: Monroe, MI (US)