The successful candidate must be willing to work on 2nd Shift (afternoons).Responsible for: production associates to achieve established safety, quality, delivery, cost, and production objectives in the department.
- Responsible for all labor, payroll, hourly evaluation, and employee issue resolution activities within your department.
- Responsible to support all lean activities, 5S initiatives, and ensure standard work is being performed on a daily basis in your area/shift.
- Additional projects in area of responsibility as well as support projects that are led by others in your department.
- Lead area to achieve safety, quality, and cost targets - Meet financial and productivity goals - Conduct audits in area of responsibility for 5S, quality, and standardized work - Ensure a safe and clean work environment. - Drive Measureables and daily performance on the shift - Oversee and audit KRONOS for hourly associates. - Schedule manpower for the shift - Support all lean initiatives through participation in focused area improvement activities to create a continuous improvement culture with all production workers - Complete administrative paperwork (various reports for safety, HR, payroll, attendance, vacation, etc.) - Participate in a lean focus effort and problem solving activities - Lead or assist in projects to improve safety, quality, and/or cost metrics. -- Work in a cross functional environment with other departments to maintain equipment, meet schedules and to accomplish department goals. - Monitor and measure key indicators of department performance. - Communicate effectively with associates, peers and division leadership to effectively manage the department. - Demonstrate Berry’s Values and a Spirit of Winning. - Work with HR Department to resolve employee issues
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum 3 yrs leading people
- Past experience in the print department is preferred
- Must be able to pass color blind test
- Ability to lead employees
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Proven problem solving skills
- Work well with all employees
About this company
Plastic molding and printing operation for food grade containers.