Position Summary: As a key member of the front-line, external development staff for University Hospitals, the Senior, Specialist, Community Development will focus their efforts on UH's Circle of Friends (COF) and other strategic community initiatives benefiting the organization. This role is expected to spend +70% of their effort representing the hospital externally in the community, developing relationships to generate philanthropic revenue. The ideal candidate will have experience working with affluent donors, particularly in Northeast Ohio and evidence of previous experience building networks that result in engagement and philanthropic attainment.
Working closely with the Manager overseeing Strategic Community Initiatives (SCI), develops strategies and programs that result in increased revenue from existing SCI programs as well as identifying, developing and executing new partnerships. Has primary responsibility for selected fundraising events, handling all requests and inquiries. Frequently meets with event donors or perspective donors to cultivate and increase their fundraising activities, leveraging new and existing strategic partnerships. Travels in Northeast Ohio to cultivate and increase fundraising programs. Partners with volunteers, community leaders and other fundraising volunteers in the strategy, planning and execution of strategic community fundraising initiatives. May also provide strategic partnership and planning support for select third party and signature events benefitting UH entities.
* Organizes and implements a wide range of development functions including COF, special events, donor identification, cultivation and solicitation and general fundraising duties, as assigned
* Develops and proactively manages relationships with donors
* Leads team approach to develop and execute a strategic plan for obtaining sponsorships for strategic community fundraising initiatives
* Leads the planning and execution of special events and programs benefiting the hospital's development goals and strategic objectives
* Organizes and executes various processes and tasks as assigned
* Serves as liaison to external development entities and internal development departments
* Assists in managing financial aspects and analysis
Bachelor's degree required.
Experience & Knowledge:
At least 5-8 years experience in a related field such as sales. Event and fundraising experience preferred.
o Must be detail-oriented and organized, with good analytical and problem solving ability
o Notable client service, communication, presentation and relationship building skills required
o Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment required
o Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
o Must have experience successfully soliciting gifts and stewarding donors to renew their commitment
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
Demonstrated ability to use PCs, Microsoft Office suite, and general office equipment; Experience using Raiser's Edge preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Location/Region: Cleveland, OH (US - 44101)