- The Sales Representative is responsible for prospecting new clients and the selling of multi-platform Buckeye Broadband advertising and marketing services to local advertisers.
- The Sales Representative is responsible for achieving agreed upon activity and revenue goals.
- The Sales Representative reports to the Director, Regional Sales.
- There are no direct reports to this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Sales Representative is responsible for:
- Increasing the revenues of Buckeye Broadband through the sale of commercial advertising on Buckeye Broadband cable, OTT, digital and social media platforms;
- Presenting new ideas to clients and explaining how specific types of multi-platform advertising will help promote the client’s products or services in the most effective way possible;
- Developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with retailers and other advertisers in order to increase and retain advertising sales revenue, including using the telephone to make calls, writing letters & email correspondence, and driving to make personal visits to retailers and advertisers;
- Processing all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts;
- Delivering advertising proofs to clients for approval;
- Preparing promotional plans, sales literature, media kits, and sales contracts;
- Developing and preparing idea focused marketing program presentations and cost estimates for potential Buckeye clients;
- Meeting the monthly sales activity and revenue goals established for the Sales Representative position;
- Performing collections of accounts;
- Performing reporting functions to specified goals; reports include but are not limited to: Activity and Revenue Projections and Contact Management;
- Following the Company’s policies and procedures, including the EEO and safety guidelines, at all times;
- Performing any miscellaneous departmental duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or the equivalent – required
- Minimum 2 years of previous outside sales experience – required
- Basic computer skills with the ability to use the Internet – required
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word - preferred
- Familiarity with contact management applications - preferred
- Agile – Embraces change; adaptable and flexible; sense of urgency;
- Innovative – Uses critical thinking; Creativity; Continuous learning; Challenges the status quo;
- Customer Focused – External/Internal; Creates the exceptional customer experience; demonstrates a sales and service mentality;
- Collaborative – Teamwork, Proactive knowledge sharing, Constructive Conflict;
- Accountable – See it, Own it, Solve it, Do it; Hold each other accountable.
Location/Region: Sandusky, OH (US)