DuPontEngineering Polymers iscurrently seekingaMachinist to work atits manufacturing site located in Valley View, Ohio. The site is located near Interstate 77, Interstate 480, and the Ohio Turnpike, south of Cleveland. The facility employs about 135 people and manufactures compression molded, close tolerance-machined composite parts for aerospace and specialty industrial applications. Our customers include the major commercial and military aircraft engine manufacturers around the world. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Set up and operate, in an efficient timely manner, a wide range of machine tools, both CNC and manual such as grinders, mills, lathes, and hones on a diverse range of product involving difficult operations, aerospace tolerances, and complex shapes. Machines used at Valley View include HAAS vertical mills, Toyoda Grinders, Accuturn, Prodigy, Hardinge, and HAAS lathes.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Modify programs in response to problems.
- Work from and read blueprints as well as setting and checking work to various quality control gages.
- Troubleshooting and determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, or manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
We are a High Performance Work Systems site, which requires flexibility from all operators. Decision making input is sought from every associate. Working in a team environment is essential. Candidates will be required to successfully completeseveralhours of interviewing and pre-employment activities. Offers of employment will be contingent upon satisfactory results of medical exams, drug tests, and background checks. DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™. DuPont is an equal opportunity employer DuPont is an E-Verify employer Successful candidate will need to be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation. * To receive status updates regarding your application, ensure your email filter is set to accept messages from the sender containing “careers” and watch your email regularly. Job Qualifications
In order to be qualified for this role, the following is required:
- High schooldiploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of machiningexperience
- Experience in machining composites, metals, and or aluminum extrusions
- Ability to read CNC programs
- Demonstrated ability to set up and operate manual and CNC equipment
- Proficient in shop math, including geometry and conversions
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and understand tolerance
- Demonstrated ability to use precision gages
- Knowledge of FANUC controls
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Willing and able to work any shift (3 shift operation)in a drug and tobacco free, safety conscious environment
- Dependability & willingness to work overtime, including evenings, weekends, and holidays when requested
- Ability and willingness to train others or learn from others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The following skill sets are preferred by the site:
- 3-5 years of machining experience
- CNCmachinist certification
- Knowledge and/or experience (Statistical Process Control)
** Please include (paste or attach) an updated resume detailing your experiences and qualifications with your application for consideration.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at
Location/Region: Independence, OH (US)