Landscaper, Full Time, Year 'Round
JOB FUNCTIONS SUMMARY:
Responsible for the maintenance of plants, shrubs, trees and lawns of Cedar Point.
This position requires the following education and experience, or an equivalent combination of both:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 - 2 Years Related Experience in the horticultural fieldAt Least 21 Years of Age
Must join Laborers Union.
- May work different shifts or days as needed.
- Must be able to follow direction.
- Work independently and with others.Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
Certifications: Driver's License
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for soil preparation, seeding and fertilizing of lawns throughout the park property.
- Prepare soil beds; plant flowers and shrubs, fertilize and remove weeds on a periodic basis.
- Applies various pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers.
- Maintain appearance of plants and shrubs by proper pruning.
- Trim and prune all trees.
- Clean up plants and leaves in the off-season.
- Mow lawns.
- Operate various types of equipment such as mowers, edgers, tractors, chain saws etc.
- Water lawns and plants.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with
subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar
Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined
in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
Apply online @ cedarpoint.com/jobs
Cedar Point is a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks and is an EEOC employer.
Location/Region: Sandusky/Norwalk OH Area