TOWER AUTOMOTIVE is now hiring E-Coat Technician (Nights)
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Operate and maintain all E-coat systems and processes to ensure compliance with Quality and Environmental Management Systems and safety, company and customer standards by performing the following duties:
- Operate lift trucks as required, including chemical transport and waste disposal.
- Valid drivers license required.
- Use a variety of equipment to perform daily laboratory and product quality tests, record results by computer and adjust process equipment based on trends and out of specification conditions.Frequently communicate (electronic/oral/written) with E-coat employees and other departments as needed
- Operate the material handling, process and wastewater treatment systems using the touch screen control panels, respond appropriately to all alarms, diagnose repeat problems, perform general maintenance repairs, and call supervisor, engineering and/or maintenance as needed.
- Operate and monitor the wastewater treatment system including daily water testing, chemical management, and process equipment maintenance to meet permit requirements.
- Make routine rounds of the e-coat operation to perform and log daily preventive maintenance inspections and tasks on equipment and processes, maintain clean, safe work areas, and monitor product quality.
- Properly prepare empty chemical containers for shipment.
Training and Skills E-coat technicians will receive training on and must demonstrate competence in the following skills:
- Basic knowledge of Quality and Environmental Management System requirements
- Thorough understanding of safety standards, chemical handling, storage, spill containment
- Able to start and stop all equipment, respond to alarms and take appropriate corrective action and perform required preventive maintenance inspections and tasks throughout the system.
- Test equipment calibration and use, including written and electronic record keeping.
- Make use of reports to show the health of various systems from electronically collected data.
- Ability to accurately perform tests, measurements, and record data
- Basic maintenance repairs, electrical troubleshooting, aerial lifts, etc.
Personal Attributes ~ E-coat technicians should possess the following:
- Excellent attendance record and work ethic and eagerness to take on a challenge.
- Ability to work as an equal member of a team but also be a self-starter and work independently
- Detail-oriented problem solver with excellent communication skills.
- Not afraid to ask questions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful, environment
- No physical restrictions.
- Ability to physically move unimpeded throughout the entire system, including working on elevated platforms and climbing ladders into and out of tanks (confined spaces).Willing to work in a noisy, odorous, dirty, hot and humid environment.
- Willing to work overtime as needed to support customer demand.
- Hands on mechanical background and ability to learn basic maintenance repair tasks
- Medical Dental
- Vision Life AD&D
- Flex Spending 401(k) with company match
- Paid Holidays after 30 days of employment
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bonus Incentive Plan
- Paid Vacation
- 24 Hour Paid Personal Time
- Perfect Attendance Incentive
Learn more at www.towerinternational.com/careers/Or
630 Southwest Street
Bellevue, Ohio 44811
Location/Region: Sandusky/Norwalk OH Area