We are currently looking for a full-time year-round Seed Conditioning Technician for our operation. The ideal candidate is a self-starting, dependable and mechanically inclined individual who enjoys working outdoors. In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant operations and field activities that will change with each season throughout the year. You will be responsible for setting up and monitoring equipment for various processes such as conditioning, treating, and packaging. You will have the opportunity to be involved in all facets of seed production.
- Operate seed conditioning (screening, sizing, gravity operations, treating, etc.) and packaging equipment.
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, staging shipments, load customers, etc.
- Harvest receiving, loading/unloading of trailers, loading/unloading of bags or containers
- Troubleshooting problems associated with equipment, processes, or systems
- Performing basic mechanical and preventative maintenance on process or package equipment.
- Support administrative procedures and production information. Maintain key process documentation (operating, start-up and shut-down procedures; standard work; process flow and instrumentation diagrams; etc.).
- Performing housekeeping activities and others as assigned to assure a safe working environment
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license
- 1-2 years of on-the-job or related agricultural or manufacturing experience
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to learn
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
- Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Willing and able to lift up to 65 lbs. (a bag of seed) and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- Willingness and ability to work extended hours and weekends required during seasonal peaks
- At times will be required to work in a confined space environment utilizing required personal protective equipment.
- Advanced education including Technical, Associate’s, or Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years agricultural or manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience operating a fork truck
- Good mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong focus on safety, teamwork and personal flexibility
- Ability to work without direct supervision
About this company
Wensink Farm Seeds, Inc. is a farming operation that raises corn, soybeans, wheat, oats, spelts, and barley for seed in North-Central Ohio.