JOIN THE LEWCO TEAM!
LEWCO, Inc., a world class ISO 9001:2015 manufacturer of industrial conveyor systems and industrialovens, has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. A proven business track record of high quality and customer service!
We have an immediate opportunity available for a Purchasing Manager who can optimize and refine our current buying processes and create the consistent methods for day-to-day purchasing operations.
Our Purchasing Manager will be responsible for overseeing the purchasing department, establishing buyer goals based on corporate inventory needs and sales projections for the future, and setting career objectives for each member of the purchasing team.
If you are a skilled negotiator with previous purchasing/purchasing manager experience in the manufacturing industry, please apply today.
- Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business Collaborate with inventory control and sales to develop metrics for gauging inventory level needs and then maintaining those levels throughout the year
- Help define methods to manage obsolete and slow-moving stock to offset losses
- Manage the company's day-to-day purchasing activities and ensure that all purchasing agents are meeting their personal performance standards
- Manage the Stores team, including receiving function and maintenance of accurate inventory in Stores
- Assist in developing more effective invoicing and return processes
The candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in Purchasing, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration/Purchasing or related field; APICS certification is preferred; ERP Software experience required - Syteline knowledge preferred/a plus; a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment required along with Strategic Sourcing experience; steel purchasing experience preferred, knowledge of material handling industry is a plus. A proven history of supply chain management and developing effective inventory management policies/practices required.
The successful candidate will have strong communication, problem-solving/troubleshooting skills; as well as a high level of attention to detail and quality.
LEWCO, Inc. offers
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Tuition Assistance
- 401K with Company Match
- And more!
If you meet these requirements please submit your resume with salary history/ requirements to:
Attn. : Human Resources
706 Lane Street Sandusky, OH 44870
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
A drug-free workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Location/Region: Sandusky/Norwalk OH Area