JOIN THE LEWCO TEAM!
LEWCO, Inc., a world class ISO 9001:2008 manufacturer of industrial conveyor systems and industrialovens, has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers.
A proven business track record for more than 98 years of high quality and customer service!
We have an immediate opportunity available in Sandusky, OH for a Buyer for our Purchasing function.
This position will be responsible for handling the daily purchasing initiative of the organization for short term competitive cost placement of product required to build LEWCO products.
The position will use an MRP software to assist in the buying requirements; as well as creating purchase orders and blanket purchase orders within a software program.
The position will also need to take into account on time delivery while minimizing inventory.
- Quote various sources for material demand and determine source to buy to maximize cost control.
- Use lean manufacturing tools including Kanban to ensure flow of materials within the manufacturing process.
- Create and maintain Purchase Orders including blanket Purchase Orders for LEWCO.
- Assist in inventory counts and analysis as required.
- Create corrective actions for vendors that have products or services considered to be in noncompliance to LEWCO quality standards.
- Alert buyer(s) and Operations personnel to supply chain issues resulting in scheduling delays.
- Work directly with Engineering to clarify and/or resolve specification issues
The ideal candidate will have Bachelor's degree in Purchasing; Supply Chain/Inventory Control, or related field; minimum 3 years of direct purchasing experience in high volume manufacturing environment; prefer Lean Manufacturing / ISO certification experience; experience sourcing from China; possess strong analytical skills; excellent computer skills - proficient in Excel and the manipulation of spreadsheets along with previous use of ERP / MRP software preferred.
This position requires one to work successfully in an environment with varied deadlines; as well as strong communication (negotiation) skills and an attention to detail.
LEWCO, Inc. offers
- Competitive Compensation w/shift premium
- Health Care Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Tuition Assistance
- 401K with Company Match
- And more!
If you meet these requirements please submit your resume with salary history to:
Attn. : Human Resources
706 Lane Street
Sandusky, OH 44870or e-mail to:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Location/Region: Sandusky/Norwalk OH Area