Family Health ServicesFamily Health Services is a National Health Service Corps (NHSC) approved health care site. This Full- Time position
is recruiting a team-oriented Licensed Independent Social Worker
to join our growing
Behavioral Health Service Line.
allows for the LISW-S to apply for the NHSC Loan Repayment Program, with a 2-year Full-Time Service Commitment.
Please send resumes to: Nicole Schafer via NicoleS@FamilyHS.org
Meets with patients, their families, guardians or agency representatives and completes behavioral health diagnostic
assessment. Provides psychotherapy for individuals who qualify for services on site.
1. Completes behavioral health diagnostic assessments.
2. Creates positive relationship with patients, their families, guardians or agency representatives.
3. Provides psychotherapy for individuals, couples, and families who qualify for services on site.
4. Advocates and refers in
dividuals with serious mental illness and/or substance
abuse/addiction to community agencies for treatment.
5. Networks with local social service agencies and educational agencies to remain
knowledgeable about available services and the referral process for those services.
6. Provides crisis intervention services on site, as needed.
7. Frequent contact with staff of community agencies and the general public. Daily contact with agency staff. Must develop and maintain positive relationship with all of the above.
8. If working in the outreach/ school district setting, adhere to district policies and procedures for student referrals, release of student information, and receipt of information.
9. Other duties as assigned.
10.Adheres to the standards and policies of the Organizational Privacy/Security and
Compliance Programs, including the duty to comply with applicable laws and regulations (HIPAA, OSHA, OIG, guidelines, other State and Federal Laws). This also includes reporting to the Board of Directors, Compliance Officer, Privacy Officer, supervisor, suggestion box, and any suspected unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful acts of practices.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of all available
services provided at FHS, community resources, interpersonal communication strategies, and computer software.
* Skill in communicating effectively in both written and verbal form, interviewing techniques, managing multiple priorities,
effective time management
practices, deescalation skills, problem-solving skills, and managing change and conflict.
* Ability to manage time and deal with multiple priorities,
problem solving, exercise sound judgement, define problems,
collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, make decisions, maintain information in confidential manner, listen well, maintain records and data, use the computer programs and communicate effectively including via the computer.
* Encourage staff to work
towards their full potential and to provide excellent services to our patients and their fellow co-workers.
This job operates in a health care setting and/or school
district clinic setting.
This role requires regular walking to various locations around the building.
This role provides care
to underserved populations, those who have experienced trauma, face multiple barriers
to services, and those who potentially may have contagious illnesses.
This role offers services via face to face and telehealth with patients.
Required Education and
1. Master's Degree in Social Work or related field with licensure and credentials per the State of Ohio.
2. At least 2 years work- related experience in social service field.
Preferred Education and
1. Experience in a community health setting.
2. Experience working with youth and adult populations.
3. Licensed Independent Social Worker in the state of Ohio.
provided by The Sandusky Register
Location/Region: Sandusky, OH (44870)