Dana Corporation is seeking to hire an Electrician for the Lima, OH location.
• A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent required
• Valid Journeyperson card or have eight (8) years of practical trade-related experience and can prove same with the properly notarized documents or work record.
• Experience with new equipment installation, hydraulics, knowledge of industrial power distribution and familiarity with PLC controlled equipment
• Proven organization and communication skills, including ability to effectively present information and respond to questions to groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Able to thrive in a challenging fast paced environment
• Knowledge of 480, 110, 220, 440 and 3 phase electrical systems, able to read electrical schematics.
• Willingness to work on any shift and to work overtime
• Each Electrician is expected to work continuously in a safe manner
• Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components
• Electricians are expected to become actively involved in teams
• Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent danger involved.
• Install, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
• Must maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards ie: Proper use of personal protective equipment
• Each Electrician is expected to keep all maintenance equipment clean and properly stored
• Electrician should make every effort to keep their appearance neat
• Spotless housekeeping is everyone’s responsibility
• Each Electrician will be expected to understand who their customer is (both internal & external) and work towards exceeding customer expectations
• All Electrician are expected to help others work to produce quality products
• Perform all maintenance activities with a high degree of quality and craftsmanship
• Maintains company required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
• Performs preventative maintenance functions as directed.
• Electrician are responsible for repairing and maintaining all facility and production machinery and equipment that encompass electrical components.
• Conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components.
•Applies knowledge of electrical/electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation.
• Provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of manufacturing.
• Assist and trains other maintenance and/or other technical level employees
• Assist maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting for electrical
• Responsible for maintaining facilities and equipment documentation and drawings
Dana offers the following benefits:
- Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life
- Flex Spending
- Short Term & Long Term DisabilityUSW Pension Plan, and eligible to participate in 401(k) plan
- Paid Vacation Days 12 Paid Holidays 3 Personal Days
Rate of pay:
- Starting Wage: $22.90
- After 26 Weeks: $24.25
- 1 year: $26.54
To Apply for this, and other skilled trade positions, go to:
Location/Region: Lima, OH